For all the almond lovers out there, this is the ice cream for you.
A creamy ice cream with the subtle taste of almonds. Perfect in a cone or served in a glass of coffee as an Affogato.
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g almonds
- 300ml cream
- 300ml full fat milk
- 100g sugar.
- Whisk egg yolks until pale then set aside.
- Add almonds to an oven tray and grill for 5 mins until they start to brown. Allow to cool.
- Add milk, cream and sugar to a saucepan and heat until simmering.
- Pour a cup of the milk into the yolks, all the while whisking.
- Pour the yolks back nto the milk saucepan and continue heating until it thickens into a custard.
- Strain custard through fine strainer then add almonds. Blend until smooth.
- Add to an airtight container and cool in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Churn as per ice cream manufacturers instructions then add to freezer until hardened.