This is a delicious recipe for Aperol and grapefruit granita. Such an easy recipe, you’ll have the granita base made in just a few minutes. You’ll just need to allow time for the Aperol and grapefruit drink to thoroughly chill in the fridge.
Aperol and grapefruit granita
This recipe is simple because it uses Bundaberg grapefruit sparkling drink, Aperol and a bit of sugar. If you have a bit of extra time up your sleeve, use real grapefruit to add a more tart, bitey flavour. You’ll need to up the added sugar if you choose to do this. Also, you could hollow out the grapefruit skins and use them for bowls to put the granita in!
If you’re looking for a non-alcohol based dessert you could make this watermelon sorbet which actually looks similar and tastes amazing.
Aperol and Grapefruit Granita
- 750 ml Bundaberg pink grapefruit sparkling drink
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 100 ml Aperol
- Combine grapefruit drink and sugar in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in Aperol.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Add to an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours until hardened.
- An hour before serving, create shavings by using a fork or spoon to scrape at the hardened ice. Place back in freezer for one hour to re-harden.