If you’re looking for a nice quick dessert for Christmas, or any time, this is a good choice. Unlike ice cream that requires freezing, this is simply a case of whipping cream and layering with sponge cake and cherries. It’s a cross between a black forest cake and a trifle and it’s sure to satisfy.
- 1L thickened cream
- 1 chocolate sponge cake, cut into 3cm pieces
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1kg pitted cherries
- ¼ cup grated chocolate
- Beat the cream with a whisk or electric beater until peaks form.
- In a tall glass, fill each half way with pieces of sponge cake.
- Drizzle each glass with brandy then layer each glass with cherries.
- Fill the remaining glass with cream and top with grated chocolate and cherries.
- Serve immediately or place in fridge until serving time.