It’s Autumn here in Melbourne; the days are getting shorter, cooler and the leaves are falling from the trees. I’m not quite ready to accept that summer is over though and in defiance, have produced this classic spring dessert – cheese cake. This version raises the bar. Can you picture chunks of cheesecake base and fresh blueberries added to a creamy lemon ice cream base. What you get is lemon and blueberry cheesecake ice cream that no-one will be able to resist.
How to make cheesecake ice cream
There are 3 parts to this dessert. The first two are the cheesecake base and blueberry compote. These are both very easy to make – allow 10-15 minutes to make each of these. You’ll then need to put these components in the fridge to cool for at least an hour. The final part of the recipe is to make the ice cream and add the chunks of base and fruit at the end once churning in complete.
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 cup cheesecake base See link in the description above for recipe
- 1 cup blueberry compote See link in the description above for recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 Vanilla or Lemon Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Make the cheesecake base and the berry compote (using blueberries) and set aside to cool for at least half an hour. Preferable leave overnight in fridge.
- Whisk the sugar and milk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add whipping cream, instant pudding, and lemon juice. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add to your ice cream maker and churn as per the manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer finished ice cream to an airtight container, layering with the cheesecake base pieces and berry topping.