These chunks of cheesecake base are well worth the effort. I’ve suggested using Digestive biscuits but you can use any plain biscuit like Nice or Marie biscuits. If you don’t have a blender to make the biscuit crumb, simply place the biscuits in a clean bag and crush with a rolling pin.
After you’ve baked your cheesecake base
Once you’ve cooled and cut up your biscuit base you’ll need to put into an airtight container and leave in fridge for at least an hour. You want them cooled right through before adding to your ice cream.
Cheesecake Base Crumb
- 1 cup digestive biscuit crumbs
- 125 gm unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix biscuit crumb, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Press into the bottom of a 20cm cake tin (any shape is fine).
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes, until browned.
- Allow to cool before breaking into suitable sized chunks for adding to your ice cream.
- Place in an airtight container and put in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before adding to your ice cream.