A lovely dairy based coconut ice cream to add to your favourite recipes list.
If you love the taste of coconut ice cream but think some of the vegan options are a little too icy then this is the recipe for you. You get the taste of coconut combined with a creamy base that can only come from a recipe that uses cream.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4ooml can coconut cream
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream, coconut milk, and coconut cream to a large saucepan and heat until simmering then remove from heat.
- Pour 1 cup of the heated milk slowly into the egg yolks while whisking.
- Add the egg yolks back into the saucepan of heated milk and continue heating on a low heat until it thickens. This should take 3-5 minutes and make sure not to boil the milk as you’ll cook the egg yolks.
- Transfer the custard into a container and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the custard into an ice cream machine and churn as per manufacturers instructions.
- Scoop into a container and freeze for 3 hours or until hardened.