This is a mango ice cream recipe that is the ultimate summer treat. For those of you who love a Weis Bar, this is definitely the one for you! A yummy combination of sweet fresh mango and a not-too-sweet ice cream made without egg yolks.
How to make a cheaper version of mango ice cream
Fresh mangoes are really cheap in many parts of the world in summer. This is the best time to make this recipe. If they cost too much, the frozen version works really well too.
Mango Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cups fresh (or frozen) mango
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 cup full cream milk
- Blend mango and set aside in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Add sugar, cream, and milk to a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add mixture to an ice cream maker and churn as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Just before the ice cream is finished churning, toss in the mango.
- Once the ice cream is ready, add to an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours until hardened.