Pina colada and ice cream combine to make a mega dessert
On holidays to the beach, I’m partial to a Pina Colada or three. Well, now I’m happy to report that you can bring the tropics into your own home with this recipe. It gives you a mix of coconut, white rum and pineapple in one flavour hit that’ll have you coming back for more.
I get the occasional request to include no churn recipes on this website so here it. My first no churn pina colada ice cream! It’s really easy and I was impressed at how good it tasted. Who needs the cocktail when you’ve got this dessert?
If you enjoy boozy ice cream then I’d like to recommend two other ice cream favourites of mine: Chilli Mezcal which is basically a flavour bomb of deliciousness, or black beer ice cream for all you beer lovers.
Pina Colada Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 125 ml pineapple juice
- 80 ml white rum Malibu will do a good job
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 100 g icing sugar
- 500 ml thickened cream
- 75 gm shredded coconut for sprinkling on top
- Pour the pineapple juice and white rum into a bowl and add lime juice.
- Add the icing sugar and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in the cream until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with coconut when serving.