This raspberry ice cream recipe is all you need. Forget the rest.
As another Australian Summer rolls in, it’s time to take advantage of the abundance of fruit on offer. My favourite has to be raspberries which I love to eat on their own. One punnet isn’t usually enough. In Summer, there’s one or two weeks where the price for this fruit is crazy cheap. This is one of my favourite times of year!
This raspberry ice cream recipe is easy to follow and creates an incredibly creamy dessert. Best of all, it combines with one of the greatest fruits on earth. Raspberries taste amazing and are packed with Vitamin A, C, E, minerals and antioxidants. They have loads of health benefits and have the potential to reduce the chances of cancer, cardiovascular disease and obesity.
You can make this ice cream with any machine, but I used the ICE-30.
Getting the best out of this raspberry ice cream recipe
For best results I’d strongly suggest using fresh raspberries. It makes a big difference to the end product. If you can find a pick your own orchard in your area then get your berries there.
Why choose a pick your own orchard?
- You get the freshest possible fruit available
- It’s a fun half day whether you have kids or want some relaxing time away from the city.
- You’re cutting out the middle man and supporting local growers.
Purchase in bulk then make your ice cream and some raspberry sorbet while you’re at it. Remember that if you have any left over berries you can always freeze them for later use.
If raspberries are not in season when you’re reading this recipe, then buy the frozen ones to save a bundle of cash. The flavour isn’t as good but they still get the job done.
If you’re not a huge fan of raspberries or they’re out of season, then try out one of these recipes:
- Blueberry cheesecake ice cream that includes chunks of cheesecake base
- Red wine sorbet that’s cool and refreshing… and filled with wine!
- Pina Colada ice cream for a summery treat that doesn’t require an ice cream maker