Classic rocky road ice cream recipe.
Pamper your taste buds with this lovely ice cream recipe that’s full of flavour and texture. You’ll create a delicious creamy chocolate ice cream then load it up with nuts, marshmallows, and chocolate confectionery.
The chocolate ice cream
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 200g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate confectionery of your choice
- Add cream, milk, sugar, salt, and cocoa to a saucepan and whisk while heating on medium to high.
- When milk is simmering reduce heat to low and add chocolate. Gently stir until chocolate has melted then remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour milk mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Freeze ice cream in your machine as per manufacturer’s instructions. As the ice cream is almost finished churning, sprinkle in the nuts, marshmallows, and chocolate.
- Pour into a container and freeze at least 2 hours or until it is hardened.
Serve this ice cream with a liberal dollop of cream and some more nuts and marshmallows.
For those that prefer their ice cream a little more basic, try this chocolate ice cream. It’s guaranteed to please.