Take the delicious strawberry to new heights by adding a little sugar and water. The end result is one of the simplest, yet refreshingly delicious desserts you’ll ever make.
If you don’t have an ice cream machine simply add the strained puree to the freezer. Give it a whisk every half hour to create a smoother texture.
Strawberry Sorbet Recipe
- 1 kg ripe strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Hull strawberries and cut into halves. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Add strawberries and sugar to a food processor or blender and process for a few seconds until the fruit breaks up.
- Add water and process until smooth.
- Strain mixture to remove pips and any hard pieces.
- Add to ice cream make and churn until hardened.
- Scoop into a container and freeze until fully hardened.